Seriously. Since dinner, I've had this on my mind the whole night. I can't get it out of my head and its making me feel rather depressed. My sister's bf came back to visit, and we went out to dinner, with another friend of his and his gf. While in the restaurant, they started talking about politics, migration, xenophobia, and eventually the topic turned to homophobia and gay people in general.

They said so many horrible things. Really degrading and a lot of it was stereotypes and completely unfounded. I'm not going to repeat anything they said, but it was really hurtful. The whole time I just sat there. After hearing those things, I just didn't want to be associated with them anymore. I wished I wasn't there. I guess I don't really act 'gay' so they probably didn't know any better. If only they knew though. Part of me wanted to tell them right then and there. Just so they knew how much damage they were doing by saying those things.

To make things worse, they were really loud and obnoxious. I'm sure most of the people in the place heard what they were talking about.

It's times like this that I wished I didn't have a life, because honestly there's nothing to live for.

1 comments:

the immigayrant said...

I can relate to your experience. It sucks hearing people thrash-talking gay people without knowing we were ones...

Post a Comment

Copyright 2010 Empty Spaces
Lunax Free Premium Blogger™ template by Introblogger