You know what really annoys me? People who walk really slow. I hate being stuck behind slow walking people at uni. arrghhh... its like OMFG can you hurry the F*** up already. Its probably not their fault though. I just walk faster than everyone else...

I also hate it when people don't stick to the left of the sidewalk. Every day I walk through uni, i have to constantly scan 10m ahead of me. Anticipating the direction in which people coming my way are going to move in, and altering my own course of travel in order to avoid walking into them. All while having to navigate my way round slow walking people of course.

:-) Although annoying, its amusing sometimes. Its like a game. Sometimes i get it right, sometimes i don't. ahh well...

----------------

On the topic of walking, i recall back in highschool, these girls used to call me SM - acronym for Super Model. Because apparently i walked like a model. I dont know whether that was a good thing or a bad thing, but it really did make me feel really self-conscious - to the point that i'd think about every single step i took, in an attempt to make my walk not so 'model-like'. It got to the point where sometimes i'd trip over because i'd forget to take a step. Things like walking should come naturally and you shouldn't have to think about it, but being called super model just made me really insecure about myself. It actually took me almost 2 years to get over it and learn to walk naturally without thought again.

And for the record, i wasn't friends with those girls. In fact, i didn't really even know them. They were from other form classes so i didn't really socialise with them, but i would see them looking at me, hear things going around. It kinda sucked cos it was like people were talking behind my back all the time. I guess this was somewhat where my insecurities began....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2010 Empty Spaces
Lunax Free Premium Blogger™ template by Introblogger