Oh man my entire body is sore as. I was at the farm helping mum out. Apparently it was a lesson that i needed to learn. You know, those types of lessons that start out with "back in the old days....".
She made me help her plant like 2 acres worth of rice and corn crops. All by hand. Ouch. Apparently us kids have to too good nowadays and we don't realise how much sweat, and human effort goes into producing the stuff we take for granted. It wasn't until then that i realised how much stuff she actually has growing here - we've got 3 different varieties of bananas, coconuts, mandarins, jack fruits, herbs like coriander, dill, basil, mint, shallots, spring onions, veggies - spinach, bok choy, cucumbers, melons, watermelons, beans, snow peas, corn, rice, taro, ginger, galangal, tumeric, bamboo....heck and these are just some of the things i know of, im sure there are plenty of other stuff too. Oh she's got chickens too.
Mum said that when she was a child, they had to produce everything they ate. And everythin was done by hand. She wanted me to experience what she experienced, in order to open up my eyes and realise that we shouldn't take life for granted and be grateful for all the luxuries we have now. I asked her why she grew all these things when she could just go and buy them and she told me that its because it reminds her of the past - my parents had a pretty rough early life - and because the pain she has to go through makes her a better person.
For me? - Lesson learnt. not that i ever did take things for granted.
------------------
Last night i had a dream. Not quite sure why, but recently my dreams have been of people who I used to know, but haven't seen in quite a long time. I used to have a friend called ...hmm lets call him Max. Max and i were in a few classes together and we got along really well. I haven't seen nor talked to him since the end of highschool which has been like almost 5 years. But for some reason he's in my dream.
For a reason unknown to me, he asks if we can swap our phones for a day. Im reluctant to do it, because i have some erm.. quite inappropriate pics and videos on there which i don't want anyone else to see, especially not him. I tell him no, but before i knew it he's already got my phone, and when i reach down into my pocket, i find that i've already got his.
Im freaking out and I dont know what to do. "Please whatever you do, don't open my pictures or videos. please!!! I beg of you!!"
Now why the fuck would you say that?!!! OMG its like if you tell someone NOT to do something, isnt' it obvious that that's the first thing they'll do?
and then i woke up.
Moral of the story - I really need to delete all the nudey pics and vids of guys off my phone before someone sees them.

0 comments:
Post a Comment