I'm walking on a the road, beside a park, and as i walk past a nearby house, a black poople runs out and starts barking at me. All of a sudden it runs up to me and bites my arm and doesn't let go. It's teeth are sinking into my soft flesh, as i struggle to shake it off. I swing my arms up, lifting the dog off the ground and as I do, the the inertia is enough to detach the dog from myself, ripping flesh off my arms. I run, faster and faster, in a manic attempt to lose the dog that just attacked me. I take a quick glance backwards, and not only is the dog still after me, its gaining ground quick! I alter my course, off the road, and into the park. The park is a large open grassy area, surrounded by a border of trees, with a few odd trees in the centre of the field. With every stride I take, and the closer i get towards the trees in the centre, they blur and become a shadowy mass. The silhouette of the trees suddenly morph into creatures, which start to chase me, as I run past. The first tree morphs from a shadow into the prehistoric dinosaur, tyrannosaurus. The second tree into a pteradactyl while the third tree forms a plesiosaur, in which the ground it formed upon became liquid. The pteradactyl swoops at me from above, with the intention to irradicate me, while the tyrannosaurus follows close behind wanting to make a meal out of me. The plesiosaur is also after me, and as it gets closer, the ground beneath my feet liquifies. All the while, the little black poodle still has its sights set on my arm.

The only course of action available to me is to run for dear life, and as I do, i develop the ability to fly, and perch myself up onto a branch of a large tree on the edge of the park. The branch that im perched on suddenly groands and creaks, and then without warning, snaps, plunging downwards towards the ground which has now turned into a black hole. The sound of breaking wood pierces my ear drums. As i fall, i notice all the other branches of the tree snapping off, and as they fall, they morph into small boulders, ready to crush my soul as soon as we hit something solid. During the free fall, I manage to rock hop between the boulders until all of a sudden the boulders formed a staircase. I follow the staircase upwards, for what seems like an eternity until I get to the top, where I am greeted by a man and a woman. They tell me to come quickly, as they lead me to a room. there are large glass windows on 3 sides of the room. The woman tells me this is were she'll leave me. I thank her, and watch her walk out the room, and down the corridor towards the stairs. As i turn back, i notice that the man no longer has any clothes on. "But you have a wife..." I explain to him. I look around the room and the door which I had once came through, has now dissappeared. "We had better make it quick then" replied the man. With no way out, I walk towards the window. To my surprise, the window is not made of glass, but of liquid, and as i pass through the window, my surroundings change, and I find I am in a aircraft hangar.

I run outside only to find that I'm in a military base, with fighter jets flying above me. As quickly as the jets came, they dissappeared and in there place came pieces of shrapnel falling out of the sky. I scramble for cover, only to find the aircraft hangar that i just came out of has dissappeared. Out of sheer desperation, i run along the length of the runway, dodging any incoming shrapnel. At the end of the runway, is a path. A sandy path that looks like it could lead to a beach. But on either side of the narrow path is a razor sharp barbed wire fence. I notice some people walking towards me, so as they approached, i warned them "be cautious of the barbed wire fence. It looks rather sharp". They look at me with confusion, and as they try to pass me, they inadvertantly push me into the barbed wire fence to my right. I look down at my bleeding arm, and I notice that the time on my watch reads "PEAK:HOUR".

Hundreds upon hundreds of people fill up the path, and as they attempt to get pass me, I'm pushed along the fence. "Remember, the barbed wire fence is razor sharp!" I tell the people. My reminder fell on death ears as the people pass me by. The girls who pass by me appear to be topless. It made me question whether they are topless just because they're topless or whether it was because they weren't human. Up ahead of me, an ipod and a textbook lay on top of a fence post. The textbook has the name "Ryan Alman" inscribed on the front. I ask the people whether the ipod belonged to anyone. From a distance, a guy waves his arm in the air, and then points to the guy beside him. "That's not a very smart place to leave your pocessions. Someone could have taken it. I suggest you leave your belongings in a locker" I scold him. The path leads uphill. As i get to the crest, the flow of traffick suddenly comes to a
hault. The earth rumbles below me, and the ground beneath my feet breaks apart. The sound of hundreds of screaming people bellow in my ears, as we fall. We fall. Onto a wooden floor we land. "Attention ladies and gentlemen, please prepare yourselves for the next fall" a voice announces. The floorboards below us creak and groan, until they eventually give way and we fall again. Like a collapsing building, we fall through the levels of a building until eventually we reach the basement floor. There is not a sound. I brush myself off, stand up, and try to take a breath. "Congratulations" a voice announces.

"As compensation for your suffering, you may choose one of the following, provided you sign this non-disclosure agreement". In the middle of the room, is a large square table. On top of that table sits a bay marie hot food box, with an old microwave, and some other kitchen appliances. Behind the bay marie is a skinny old man with a smirk on his face. "So, which shall it be?" he questions. "Surely not any of those" i reply. "If you so wish, i shall go and fetch it for you" and with that the old man hobbled away. In the corner of the room stands a cleaner. He does not say a word. Through the steel gate at the back of the room, a man walks in. "Quick, take these keys. Theres a car down in the car park. Take that. Go to the address I'm about to tell you" he says. I take the keys off him, and run downstairs, and sure enough like he said there was a car. I opened up the car, and just as im about to get in, i notice a bear trap in the footwell near the pedals. I drop the keys and run. Away from the house, and into the crowded streets of the Central Business Disctrict. "You shouldn't have done that" a voice booms. The people in the street stop immediately, and turn and look at me. For only a few seconds. And then they continue on their way. "Please, help me" i beg of them, "take me to the train station. I need to get away." The people stop again, and stare like mindless zombies. Again the continue on their way. The streets start to flood.

The water engulfs the cars along the street until they can be seen no more. The people on the street tell me to come. But i know better than to listen to them. Because by giving in to them, i am surrendering myself to lies, deceit and certain death. I can trust NOBODY. I flee from the scene. Into an abondoned building where i will be safe from THEM. A few moments i spend in the darkness by myself. Until light filled the room. And beside me stood three people claiming to be friends. They said they would help. They promised me that they weren't one of THEM. And i believed. Right up until one of them turned into a clay figure, the other died in front of me, while the last became violently ill and began to vomit heavily. The trickery, the cunningness and darkness that is inherent in THEM. I couldn't take anymore of it. I wanted to end it all.

To the swollen river i fled, and off the highest bank, into the fastest rapids of the deepest water, I jumped. And behind me, in boats, THEY came. For several moments I had believed i had ended it all.

The river suddenly became dry until it was nothing more than a little trickle of water. Mother stood behind me. She told me I must come. Inside a train we sat, where she confided in me that she wasn't one of THEM. We were to go to the Castle, where the MASTER PLAN shall be revealed. I took out my camera, to take pictures of the view, and through my viewfinder, mother could not be seen. Instead, in front of me, through the viewfinder, was a skinny old man. "This is what you have chosen" he told me. I put my camera down. "Everything will be alright" mother says to me.

When i awake, I find myself in a white room. In the room is a small table, and around the table are 4 or 5 very short men. They told me to take shots with them. So i did. However the shot glasses had blood in them. And unlike me, they drank the shots from the bottom of the glass. How is that possible i thought to myself. The room started to shrink around me, and the people around me got shorter and shorter. And then there was darkness...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Phenomenal! What incredible imagery! Eerie, but very, very strong!

Peace <3
Jay

Biki Honko said...

Holy cats! Thats some kinda dreaming! Scary!

Post a Comment

Copyright 2010 Empty Spaces
Lunax Free Premium Blogger™ template by Introblogger