I feel really bad at the moment. Sad. Certain things just trigger it, and then I spiral into a downwards depression. I don't even know if its sadness I'm feeling at the moment. During the course of the day, a lot of small things trigger a mechanism within myself, which causes me to question every bit about myself. I have so much pent up negativity towards myself. I don't even know what to write now, because whenever I try to write something, and describe how I'm feeling, my mind goes blank. Nothing. And the moment I move away from the screen, BAM it hits me again. I dont even know anymore. I really don't.
Ok so I'll admit i've been writing in here as if nobody reads it. But thats not really the case is it? So how about this proposal? Instead of a monologue, we'll have a conversation of sorts. Leave a comment, ask me questions and I'll answer them in a new post. I guess that way we'll be able to have somewhat of a dialogue.

3 comments:
Hi, back from my sons wedding trip. Hope things are going ok at your house.
Do you cook much with banana leaves? Is it the younger leaves that are used or any aged leaves?
The grocery store I trade at has banana blossoms, but havent yet tried them. They have the prettiest color tho, dont you think so?
Hello!!!! :-)
Hope you enjoyed your trip!!
Things are home are alright I guess. Could be worse.
Well not personally but i know what its used for. Normally its the younger leaves that are used, as the older leaves are more brittle and more easily broken and not very pliable to work with. In either case, they should be blanched before using esp if you are going to use them to wrap food, as blanching allows the leaves to be more pliable and less prone to tearing.
Banana blossoms are usually sliced and used in salads. Just in my experience, I've normally sliced them into a bowl of cold water with some lemon juice in it, as water draws out any bitterness and the lemon juice/acidity stops the blossom from discolouring. You can also use it in asian noodle soups e.g. Laksa etc. It doesn't really have that much of a taste to it, its more the texture.
hey thanks! now i know all the ins and outs of banana leaf/blossom cuisine!
sorry i asked such a lame-oid question, i was mega tired at the time and didnt want to leave without saying anything....silly me.
yes, i had a great trip, the youngest had a really nice but mega small wedding. very simple, very them. if youd like i could send you the pics.
hugs and smiles
Post a Comment