I've been home alone since this afternoon, because my sister has gone away and my other housemate isn't here. MK called me and asked me what I was up to and whether I wanted to hang out and get dinner or something along those lines. I wasn't really doing anything so I agreed, and he picked up me and we drove around for a bit chatting, before we decided on where we wanted to go. Actually, we didn't really decide. He decided. Because I told him I didn't really mind where we went and that I'm not fussy at all.

So the decision was made, that we'd be trying out this Tibetan restaurant. It's a quaint little place, quite cosy actually on the end of a somewhat obscure road somewhere in West End. I don't really know West End very well but I was really surpised that theres some really neat places tucked away in what I've always thought as a pretty run down part of Brissy. We went in and it was rather busy, but we managed to get a table. Yup. A table for two, complete with the soft warm glow and flickering of a tea light candle.

For several moments after we sat down, I actually felt extremely awkward and weirded out. 1) because the restaurant was kind of a little bit too cosy for my liking, 2) the restaurant seemed to have more of a romantic feel to it rather than a casual dining experience, and 3) because i was at a table, having dinner, with another guy, when every other couple in the restaurant was of the hetero type.

I could just sense the other people in the restaurant forming opinions and assumptions in their heads. Especially the waitress. I blame MK on that part. I was happy to sit outside where there weren't many people, but MK pointed to an empty table, towards the back of the restaurant, where I can only assume, all the lovey dovey couples go, as only those tables were lit with candlelight. MK asked me after we sat down whether I felt weird being the only Guy-Guy couple in the restaurant, and I straight out told him that i felt extremely awkward and weirded out. To my surprise, he said he was completely fine with it... ..

You know its pretty strange that I find it extremely awkward being in situations like that in public. It's like when im in public i automatically put on a more manly demenour and become this straight-acting guy not daring to do anything that is remotely gay related.

Oh and a random fact i'll throw in... i find it extremely weird to be talking with a girl about hot guys.. it just doesn't feel right. I can chat with a guy about other guys no probs, but put a girl into that eqution and all that results is awkwardness. So as it stands, I can talk about hot girls with girls, but just not talk guys with girls.. i hope i make sense...

So yeah, we didn't do much after dinner. just drove around for a bit and then he dropped me off again. He suggested we go to the valley (clubbing) but I said the only place i want to go right now is to bed. lolz how lame am i.

PS.... MK is a college friend of mine. He's str8 btw..

1 comments:

Biki Honko said...

I do think its odd how we transform ourselves to "suit" different occasions. Butch up, girl up, w/e., to make ourselves so less obvious.

Lame? I didn't think you were lame at all, just tired.

Post a Comment

Copyright 2010 Empty Spaces
Lunax Free Premium Blogger™ template by Introblogger